how to: cupcake nails


Tuesday 2 April 2013

Hi guys!

Today's post is a bit of a 'how to' guide. I'm forever painting my nails and looking for new designs to try out, but I never got round to buying the right tools which limited me a bit. Sam was an absolute babe and surprised me with nail art brushes and marbling/dotting tools!

you can buy brushes/dotting tools similar to mine here & here
(these are not the sellers I used - so I can't comment on their service!)

I'd been lusting over the cupcake nails for a while and they were an obvious first choice for testing out my new tools, so I thought I'd post a little tutorial on how I did it.
Here's how to get cupcake & polkadot nails like mine in 5 very easy steps:



1. Paint the base colour for all of your nails - except the cupcake ones. For the cupcake nails only paint the tip in the base colour. This will be the bottom of the cupcake.
2. Paint some stripes on top of the base colour of your cupcake in a darker shade
3. Paint a white circle with a kind of scalloped edge, to give the effect the icing is spilling over
4. Add sprinkles with different colours of varnish and a red cherry
5. Polkadot the rest of the nails, allow to dry and then add a top coat!

I used one of the small, thin nail art brushes to add the details on the cupcake and a marbling/dotting tool to add the polkadots.

.I'm sure I'll have a bajillion more nail tutorials up soon for you to try out

Have a go and tell me what you think! 

Melissa x



No comments:

Post a Comment