how to: make a floral headband for less than £2.50


Monday 29 September 2014
I always see photos of girls with beautiful floral crowns, but I've never managed to find one that I liked in shops. I also didn't want to spend a tonne of money on something I'd maybe not wear very often or completely chicken out of wearing, so I decided to make one myself! It's actually super easy to do and very cheap.

Things you will need:

- A metal headband (I bought mine here)
- flowers with a wire stem (I bought mine here

(the ones I bought came from China, so allow a week or two for delivery)



 Place the base of your first flower on the metal headband where you want the flowers to begin. Wrap the wire stem around the headband in a figure of 8 kind of motion, until all of the wire is wrapped tightly around. Tuck the end of the wire in to avoid it digging into your head!


Take the second flower and repeat the process, but this time wrap the wire stem around the base of the first flower as well as around the headband. This helps to secure the flowers and make sure they don't move around the headband.


Repeat this until you've put as many flower heads as you want onto the headband, and it should look something like this. 


Don't worry about the stems looking unsightly, because once it's in your hair they'll be hidden.


Give it a go! It takes just a couple of minutes to do, is probably cheaper than buying one and you can customise it to your taste.

Why not experiment with different sizes and colours of flowers? Here's another one I made:




You can get these smaller flowers here 




No comments:

Post a Comment