Neon has literally been almost everywhere I look recently, so I'd definitely identify it as a trend for SS13! Designers such as Henry Holland and Jeremy Scott have brought neon back with a vengeance and is being sported by the likes of Iggy Azalea, as seen below.
Whether you're confident enough to go all out and make a statement in a bold dress or t-shirt, or would prefer just a dash of neon using a nail polish, there is something for absolutely everyone.
1. Yellow Rihanna Knot Back Turtle Neck Crop Top - Rihanna For River Island - £35
2. Ashiana Box Chain Bracelet with Cord - Asos - £18
3. Bodycon Midi Dress - eBay - £4.99
4. Neon Mesh Triangle Bra - Topshop - £14
5. Neon Orange Studded Collar Blouse - Missguided - £12.59
6. The Cambridge Satchel Company Leather Satchel - Asos - £122
7. Neon Nail Polish - American Apparel - £9
8. Neon Beanie - eBay - £1.64
I don't currently own any of these items, but I'm lusting after every single one of them. I have ordered the rose red beanie hat (8) and the neon polish (7), but they haven't arrived yet. I bought the hat before I dip dyed my hair turquoise so I'm not so sure it'll look as good as I'd originally intended!
I think the bra (4) would look really good paired with a black slouchy top that allows the bra to peep out and give a cheeky flash of colour.
The fluorescent trend hasn't left since last Summer, after being in semi-hibernation over Autumn/Winter only appearing on trimmings or statement jewellery. These vibrant, eye catching colours are back with a vengeance and are going to be around all Summer!
Have you taken part in the neon trend yet? Are you going to? How bold will you go?
Leave a comment with your favourite neon pieces!